Mixtapes Madness Part 2
Just to let you guys know. I have made some tapes after all.
1. Nineties (or nineties sounding) indie: Built To Spill, The Halo Benders,.. stuff like that.. Damn that was a very fine drive, when i listened to that.
2. Lower than Low-fi: some kind of noisy lofi songs. Because i think that’s sort of what tapes are all about. Think of stuff like No Age, but also Fennesz who uses a lot of distortion.
3. Bob Dylan, Pt. 1: well, part 1 means there is a part 2
4. Bob Dylan, Pt. 2: because it’s impossible to fit every necessary song of Dylan on 1 tape of 90 minutes.
5. No, there isn’t a Bob Dylan, Pt. 3 yet
6. Vintage Singersongwriters that sound timeless: Nick Drake, Bert Jansch, but also people like Johnny Flynn (i’ll blog about him in the future), Ray Lamontagne, Ryan Adams, and so on.
7. Yep there is a part 2 of that Vintage singersongwriters.
Now i’m working on a singalong tape, so i can singalong. I notice I don’t have that many singalong songs.
Other plans: The Canada-tape (with bands from canada), Pssssychedelic-tape (animal collective, comus), Some loud indie songs, and just a lot lot more.
Damn, it just keeps a very time consuming thing. Mixtapes.
I love it.
PS: tracklists on request. (not that i’m a mixtapes authority, nor am i a messenger or king of the mixtape kingdom)General Mumbo Jumbo And the Queen of France comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.